Malcolm is a fully qualified Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, and Sports Therapist. He founded ActivNess because he felt there was a place for an inclusive service that could assist people in becoming more active when they needed it most.
For a number of years Malcolm studied and worked in Edinburgh. He graduated with a degree in Sport and Exercise Science from Edinburgh’s Napier University where he was awarded the University's ‘Medal of Excellence’ in recognition of outstanding performance.
Malcolm gained experience as a Fitness Instructor working in the award winning, Fettes College, Westwoods Health Club. He then ran a successful Personal Training and Sports Coaching business before moving back home to the Highlands to become a full time Firefighter, where he served over eight years.
Malcolm now works as a Health and Fitness Consultant.
• BSc Sport & Exercise Science
• HND Sports Therapy
• Level 3 Personal Trainer
• Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor
• Level 2 Gym Instructor
• Nordic Walking Instructor
• Jog Scotland Leader
• Kettlebell Instructor
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Life Coaching Award
• Fully Qualified & Fully Insured
• Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) member
• Disclosure Scotland registered and part of the PVG Scheme
• First Aid, & Scottish Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA) Trained